?

Log in

No account? Create an account
Aziraphael's sitting in a corner of the bar, alone. He's not just… - Magdalen Walks [entries|archive|friends|userinfo]
Aziraphael

[ userinfo | livejournal userinfo ]
[ archive | journal archive ]

[Mar. 2nd, 2006|05:57 am]
Aziraphael
[Current Mood |pensivepensive]

Aziraphael's sitting in a corner of the bar, alone.

He's not just alone, he's rather emphatically so, as though this corner has quite ceased to exist in most people's minds. It's not intrusive, not at all, it's just that most feel like taking a slight detour, perhaps, from habitual paths.

It takes effort to fade into the background like this. Despite the tweed and the somewhat effete mannerisms, despite hiding behind books and Anglicisms and tea, angels are attractive. Not in the same way as demons, not nearly so compelling, but something about them calls out to people.

Aziraphael's not feeling particularly inclined towards company, today.
LinkReply

Comments:
[User Picture]From: un_fallen
2006-03-01 10:20 pm (UTC)
Raguel is walking through the bar in a kind of numb haze on the slow trek from the lake to the front door. There's no telling how long he's been outside, but he looks even more disheveled than usual. He notices Aziraphael only because of the energy he's exerting in order to keep everyone away.

He hesitates as he passes the table, but as much as he doesn't want to intrude, he's even more wary of returning to Los Angeles in this state. He shuffles over and leans in as quietly as he can.

"Is it - do you mind if I just sit here for a couple minutes?"
(Reply) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: a_fell
2006-03-01 10:45 pm (UTC)
"Not at all."

The answer's reassuringly swift in coming; Aziraphael even manages to garner a small smile.

"You're looking... somewhat windswept?"

Politely inquiring voice, but his eyes are concerned.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: un_fallen
2006-03-02 05:42 am (UTC)
"Oh." He looks down at his rumpled clothes and makes some ineffective attempts to straighten himself out as he sits. The edge of a twisted collar still pokes stubbornly out from the top of his coat, and the hand he scrubs through his hair is only successful in that it makes it all stand out a little more forcefully.

"Yeah. Been outside, looking at the lake." He leans back in his seat with a tired sigh, eyes nearly closing before he seems to realize that further explanation might be required.

"And, you know. Walking."

(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: a_fell
2006-03-03 09:36 pm (UTC)
Aziraphael rolls his eyes and reaches over to straighten Raguel's collar.

"Any particular reason for this introspection? At least, I assume it was some sort of introspection, and not merely a tragic mourning of... oh, I don't know. Cricket scores, or some such."
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: un_fallen
2006-03-03 10:01 pm (UTC)
He blinks down at Aziraphael's fingers but doesn't otherwise react.

"No, nothing like that. Actually, I met a friend of yours, I think. He was either an extremely energetic young kid or a muscle man in a cape. Either of those ring a bell?"
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: a_fell
2006-03-03 10:18 pm (UTC)
Aziraphael looks very shifty.

"That bar looked fine from the outside."
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: un_fallen
2006-03-03 10:34 pm (UTC)
Raguel seems to wake up a little and focus on Aziraphael for the first time.

"Well, it was in this bar as far as I-- uh."

If you look carefully you can see a crack of amusement behind the grim exterior.

"Actually, I really don't need to know the rest of this story."
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: a_fell
2006-03-03 10:45 pm (UTC)
"I think you're right, you know."

He thinks through the excitable people of his acquaintance, and ventures a guess.

"Was it that Billy chap?"
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: un_fallen
2006-03-03 10:51 pm (UTC)
"Billy. Yeah, that was it. One of his names, anyway."

He thinks the other was something along the lines of Captain, which is plenty, thanks.

"You gave him a hand, he said, after he was, um. Injured."
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: a_fell
2006-03-03 10:53 pm (UTC)
"It felt... well. No business in the bar, but it felt like more of a duty than usual."

He looks down at his tea, and smiles faintly.

"Couldn't have anyone besmirching your good name without doing something about it, after all."
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: un_fallen
2006-03-03 11:11 pm (UTC)
He smiles slightly.

"It was good of you to do it. I doubt I could have, myself, even if I'd been around. Never was very well practiced at that kind of thing."

He looks up from his hands, which are scratching at the tabletop.

"So I guess he told you who hurt him?"
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: a_fell
2006-03-03 11:20 pm (UTC)
"A being that isn't you."

Simple.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: un_fallen
2006-03-03 11:33 pm (UTC)
"No."

He nods, but it's slow and short-lived.

"He just used to be me."
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: a_fell
2006-03-03 11:50 pm (UTC)
"No. Not, wasn't, never will be."

His voice is firm.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: un_fallen
2006-03-03 11:57 pm (UTC)


"I'm not actually sure that I can avoid it."
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread) (Expand)